Consultation process for the Barcelona Consensus
of intercultural alternatives to neoliberal globalization,
for an inhabitable world for all
This is the homepage of the Barcelona Consensus online forums. If you are not a registered participant you can read the forums and see the level of agreement reached by each proposal (click on "View Results"). For more information, visit our website www.barcelonaconsensus.org
If you are a Barcelona Consensus participant, please select the forum that you want to comment and evaluate:
Topic 6. Please read the draft version of the Barcelona Consensus Declaration and choose one of the following options to express your opinion, according to your level of interest and time availability:
Option B. Rate each of the Declaration’s sections, participating in the 3 forums listed below
Topic 5. Information, communication and knowledge: How do we want to organize the knowledge society? Proposals on the right to information and the cultural industries.
Topic 4. Economics and Finance. How should the world economy be managed? Proposals for a global economic and financial structure.
Topic 3. Politics and Security. How are we to decide? Proposals for a global political structure.
Topic 2. Ecology and population: What world do we have? Proposals to live sustainably in a finite world.
Topic 1. What kind of world do we want: visions, values and general objectives
1. Sign in: Insert (on the right) the username and password that has been sent to your email address. If you wish to change your password you may do so by following the link "User's profile"
2. Evaluate the proposals. Pick a forum, read the proposals and indicate to what degree you agree with each one of them:
|I strongly agree||I agree|
I partially agree
|I disagree||I strongly disagree||I don't know|
3. Make comments on your appraisals: click "comments" and explain the reasons for your appraisal, suggest a correction or deletion for the proposal.
4. Evaluate some proposals and continue at a different moment. Given the amount of proposals received, if you must pause the process of evaluation, do not worry; the evaluation for each proposal is kept automatically and you can return to your account (by inserting your username and password)at any moment to continue with the evaluation process.
5. Add new proposals. At the end of each forum, there will be a space for adding new proposals or general comments.
Please click here to download the Barcelona Consensus Handbook for a full explanation of its methodology and objectives.
If you have any doubts, you can contact us on:
Phone: +34 93 551 47 14
Thanks for your participation!
Delibera is an integrated system of participation that through the assembly of different methods, procedures and tools, is able to facilitate the dialogue and deliberation in meetings as well as in online forums - especially when there are many questions to resolve, many persons implied and little time available.
A note from the organization
The proposals can be complementary or contradictory and, sometimes slightly repetitive because they are a variety of different forms of expression. Some may seem obvious, but we need to make sure if they are so for all. They have been classified in subtopics to aid the process of reading, evaluating and commenting. This is NOT a structured text of a final declaration, but a cluster of ideas and proposals from the participants that – according to the degree of consensus they obtain – The proposals and the level of consensus they obtain are the responsibility of Barcelona Consensus participants only. If you think a proposition should be made available for deliberation you can add it as a final comment. If you consider a particular proposal very important or unacceptable, you can express your opinion using the corresponding color and adding comments.